Monday, September 15, 2008

More Love for Death Magnetic

I amend my earlier statement: I'm starting to fall in love with Death Magnetic.

On Saturday night, I was playing a game called Medieval II: Total War. It's a bit like if Risk met Warcraft III and had a medieval love child and I love it to bits. Anyway, I'm in the process of winning a battle and running down the survivors so that they learn, in absolute terms, why it's dangerous to fuck with me when the chorus from "All Nightmare Long" pops into my head:
'Cause we hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Feel us breathe upon your face
Feel us shift, every move we trace
Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long, yeah
Luck. Runs.
And I thought, yeah, that's pretty much it: for every one of those enemy animated units on the screen, I'm the nightmare running them down.

No comments: