Friday, June 19, 2009

Dave Mustaine Tempts Us With "Best Since Rust in Peace"

Dave Mustaine has graced us with an announcement of the title of the next Megadeth album. Because it's Mustaine, it comes complete with a statement about the meaning behind the album's name that either borders on the lunatic fringe or lets us know this next one is going to be based on a concept: apparently there's some law/document out there called "Endgame" that details President Bush's legacy in terms on par with the Final Solution. Guess we'll have to hear it to see what's what. In any case, picking through Mustaine's odd verbiage aside, what caught my eye was the promo quote: "This new album is my proudest moment since the famous (or infamous) Rust in Peace album."

Now, I am normally happy to cast a jaundiced eye on anything so hype-heavy, but things have been building in a pretty steady progression in Megadeth land since Mustaine's nerve-damaged hiatus, and I see no reason why they shouldn't continue with the next release. Even if Endgame is nowhere near the career peak that is Rust in Peace, it should make for some good listening.

1 comment:

Martell said...

I can't wait this is going to be epic. It seems to me a lot more sites are covering this album then Abominations. Personally I thought UA was great, but I have a feeling Endgame will be even better.