Thursday, June 04, 2009

Chris Anselmo, Singer for Anthrax

Scott Ian described new (or not so new...it's been going on 2 years at this point) Anthrax singer Dan Nelson as sounding like "Chris Cornell singing in Pantera" in an interview with The Quietus.  I'm not entire sure what to do with this information.  It might be because I can't get the image of Chris Cornell singing "Walk" - or its companion, Phil Anselmo singing "Outshined" - out of my head, but that image has pretty much broken my brain for the evening.  I mean, does Ian mean Badmotorfinger-era Cornell?  Or Down On The Upside-era?  Or crappy solo album-era?  Or something later?  I'm so confused...

1 comment:

Martell said...

I was reading this interview the other day thinking the same thing, I just don't get the comparison. With what Chris Cornell has become do you really want to compare your Thrash Metal lead singer to him. I saw them live last year with Nelson and they were great, but Ian is going to have to let him stand on his own.