Monday, May 04, 2009

Blabbermouth Needs To Cool It With The Megadeth Connections

Look, we know Dave Mustaine is a difficult guy to work with (or an ego-centric douchebag, if you like) and as a result the metal landscape is littered with guys who used to be in Megadeth. We also know that those guys will probably end up making music on their own and they might even trade a bit on the Megadeth name, which is fine: they should probably just put out a "I worked with Dave" patch you can put on your press releases to demonstrate how you've paid your dues. But when Blabbermouth starts using headlines like "Former MEGADETH Guitarist MIKE ALBERT To Release 'Afterlife'," I think things have gone a bit too far.

See, thanks to Wikipedia, we can see the entire list of Megadeth band members. And look! There's Mike Albert, who played guitar (on a touring basis, from what Blabbermouth tells us) in 1985 when Chris Poland was on the outs with Dave for the first time. So yeah: at one point, almost twenty-five years ago, this dude was in Megadeth. Very briefly. Why does that warrant inclusion in the headline again?

8 comments:

megadethfan said...

I checked out Mike Alberts website and seen him live. He's actually better than mustaine.. They should of just kept Mike Albert. The new Mike albert stuff is really good. Metal all the way. Plus Mike is not a doosh.. I actually got a autograph.....

Eric said...

Oh, I'm sure he's a much nicer person than Mustaine, simply because he's not Mustaine. I'm not blaming the dude for throwing out his connection. I'm blaming Blabbermouth for putting it in the headline. I know, I know: fish in a barrel.

megadethfan said...

Dude, he's metal all the way. don't fuck with me alright. I know metal... I'm just over mustaine being all divo... Mike alberts performance was bad ass!

Eric said...

Mike Alpert? Is that you?

megadethfan said...

You don't know metal... You wine like a baby... MeeeeTTTTAAAALLLL!!!! ARRRRGGHHHH!!!! Maybe you should e-mail Mustain and let him know we're actually starting not to care...

Seth said...

We know it is you Megadeth Fan, if you click onto your profile you can see your two "blogs" exist to promote your solo record.

Best of luck with your efforts using Dave Mustaine's name, and if you want some truly mean spirited fuckers to fuck with you then you should write into metalinquisition.blogspot.com. They just broke up Piledriver.

Eric said...

Damn, spell a guy's last name wrong and he flips the fuck out. Sorry dude...

megadethfan said...

I BOUGHT THE ALBUM TODAY 2 FYE... I HAD TO SUPPORT THE MUSIC... IT'S SO GOOD.. DID YOU HERE WWE WILL BE @ HIS RECORD RELEASE PARTY...