Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Count Rides Again...To Rural Norway

Varg Vikernes on his impending release:
And I look forward the day [sic] that I could work on my farm, create music, write books and be with the wife and kids around the clock — and live a normal life.
You know: the normal life of a Norwegian farmer who happens to write really loud, angry music about the glories of Viking nationalism or Nazis or Satan or whatever the hell Varg is writing about these days. No doubt he'll spend his days chopping up the soil in the hilly home of his future farm, and his nights screeching musical versions of his manifesto into a microphone. But hey, as long as he's not killing people, whatever floats his boat.

2 comments:

Seth said...

I'm telling you right now that I am *not* going when Burzum inevitably tours and hits up BB King's.

King Diamond taught us that Denmark has rednecks, but apparently Norway does too.

This is what happens to a white power nut in jail after they take away his black metal spikes: http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes.jpg

Eric said...

Oddly enough, I think Ihsahn has his farm in the same area. Does that mean there's something in the water that attracts lovers of evil, or is Varg just choosing that part of the country to get some of Ihsahn's cred?

And no, given the guy's views and connections I think I'd skip a Burzum tour no matter what.