Friday, November 07, 2008

Nostradamus Ingrained

I feel like this opening is a set up to a joke: "A man listens to Nostradamus for 145 days straight..." but it's the truth: some dude from Cleveland has, in fact, been alternating between the CD and vinyl versions of Priest's latest record for 145 days straight. I think he might trying to make up for me, because after a variety of different friends with an equally large variety of tastes panned the album, I avoided it like the plague, limiting my exposure to the two songs Priest played this summer.

Here's what I don't get, though: I can understand falling in love with an album - although usually that intense first stage only lasts a few days, not months and months - but from his picture, the guy in question is clearly pushing mid-40s...which means he's heard other, better Priest albums before. Heck, he's heard other, better metal albums before and he no doubt heard them at a time when music distribution was more limited and playing a record for days in a row wasn't such a strange thing. Seriously, buddy: you do have other options.

No comments: