Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heaven & Hell Wanted Neon Knights, Fate Said Otherwise

Hey, how about that: I guess the normal rules of encores didn't apply for the Metal Masters tour. According to Blabbermouth (quoting quasi-official site Black-Sabbath.com), Heaven and Hell didn't play "Neon Knights" on Saturday (or Sunday, for that matter) because of "technical difficulties," a situation that caused them "extreme dismay" because "Neon Knights is one of their favorites to play." I'm not sure how a band could have the same problems two nights in a row at two different venues (not that I doubt them; I'm just curious), but I do feel a bit vindicated, knowing I was on the side of right, foiled only by fate.

"Neon Knights" is Dio-era Sabbath's signature tune; here are a few others (with props to Seth) that seem like "must plays" for the live sets of the bands who wrote them:
  • Iron Maiden - The Trooper
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
  • Metallica - Creeping Death (although I might be projecting my love for the bridge) / Enter Sandman / One
  • AC/DC - Back in Black

No comments: